How to Add tag cloud in User profile

Brahm Sharma September 19, 2020

Hello Experts,

I have installed Tagcloud . However, i am not able to see tags in user profile

Please advise how i can add tag cloud in User profile.

Requirement: I am trying to create Expert user profiles where all tags for individual contribution should be reflected in their User profile and when someone click on specific tag then it should open that tag page only.

Please advise.

Thanks

Brahm

1 answer

0 votes
Bernd Lindner September 20, 2020

Hello Brahm,

the tag cloud is not embedded automatically in user profiles. There are two options:

a) Ask your users to add the macro manually in their "About Me" section.

b) Implement a custom Theme and extend the respective template (viewmyprofile.vm) with the macro.

In both cases, pass the user name in the "user" parameter.

Best regards,
Bernd

Brahm Sharma September 21, 2020

hello Bernd,

Thanks for providing quick answer to my query. However, appreciate if you can enlighten on option a). Does each user need to add macro manually or it can be done automatically. As we are having more than 1000 users.

Here i am trying to achieve below function through cloudTag and User profile for Confluence plug-ins.

Requirement: To share tacit knowledge, all Experts user profile should include all work (like story telling, publishing knowledge document, know how document, white paper, blog etc) they have done in the user profile in terms of tag. This way any user who is looking for some expert help can search user profile best on Expertise and then click on tags from Expert user profile.

It would be great help if you can throw some light on adding macro in user profile or on custom theme option.

I have implemented TagCloud, User profile in Confluence plug-ins. However, i am not able to get tags in user profiles.

Thanks you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events