How secure is using Cloud Confluence?

1.      How to enable two factor authentication?

2.      What kind of security controls are implemented?

3.      How can one configure for enforcing policy related to strong password & account lockout for multiple failed attempts?

2 answers

0 vote

Hello Sadaf,

In addition to the information that Quentin sent you, which should answer many of your concerns, I'll provide a bit more details.

1. Two factor authentication is not currently available for Cloud. I created a feature request some time ago to suggest adding this: ID-256. As an alternative, if you have G Suite for your company, you could consider enabling this. Then, you can use the built-in two factor that Google has and use it to sign in.
  2. Your second questions can likely be answered by the documentation that Quentin sent, but if you have any additional questions after reviewing that, please let us know!
  3. Information regarding setting a password policy is available from our site. This is only possible to control when you have verified a login domain. If you have not, then it will automatically use the Atlassian ID password requirements. Lastly, when a login attempt is exceeded, then the user is locked out until they reset their password.

I hope this clarifies a few of your concerns, but do let us know if you have anything further you'd like to ask.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

478 views 19 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you