How many Hipchat plugins should be in Confluence?

We just upgraded our Confluence to 5.9.2

In Add-on page under user installed I see 5 Plugins with the word HipChat in there. 

HipChat Core Plugin 

Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin

Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin Core

Confluence Hipchat Integration Plugin

Confluence Hipchat Plugin

HipChat Core Plugin

This is really confusing. Which should be there and which I should uninstall? 

I like to setup HipChat integration but I want to make sure I have the right plugin(s) first. 

Thanks

2 answers

If you download OBR file from plugin page and unpack it, there will be at least these 4 plugins:

• Confluence HipChat Plugin (com.atlassian.labs.hipchat.confluence-hipchat) -- main
  • Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin) - depend
  • Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin Core (com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin-api) - depend
  • Confluence Hipchat Integration Plugin (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-hipchat-integration-plugin) – depend

Do you have a problem? If you don't have a problem with your current installation, I wouldn't recommend trying to fix things preventively.

Plugins are listed in the "User-installed" section if they were upgraded from their initial Confluence version to this one. You can guess: With time and as you upgrade Confluence several times, a lot of plugins move from the System section to User-Installed. They are still often necessary for the system to work.

In Confluence 5.9.1, I have the following:

• Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin
  • Atlassian Hipchat Integration Plugin Core
  • Confluence Hipchat Emoticons Plugin question
  • Confluence Hipchat Integration Plugin
  • Confluence HipChat Plugin

In addition to me, you have 2 HipChat Core Plugin. Note that they may come from the upgrade from Confluence 5.9.1 to 5.9.2.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

377 views 16 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you