Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take for calendar changes to appear in Outlook?

Todd_Underwood February 3, 2016

We are attempting to create a team calendar in Confluence to keep track of time off for our team. 

Our organization used Outlook for scheduling meetings, events, etc. We have team members who require that the time off entries appear in outlook alongside our meetings and company events. 

I've created the team calendar and I can edit it in the confluence web UI. I've subscribed to the calendar in Outlook as well. 

The issue we are running into is that there seems to be a massive delay between the time a new event is added to the confluence calendar and when it appears in our Outlook calendars. Sometimes I need to completely delete and re subscribe to the calendar to see changes. 

How long should this take normally and is there anything I can do on the confluence side to shorten the amount of time between creating a calendar event and it being added to the subscribed calendar in Outlook?

1 answer

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

@Todd Underwood I have not seen this and may not be able to help you directly but something that may help those who are qualified to answer are the answers to these questions:

• Are you using Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud, and do you have any feel for what the 'massive delay' might be? 
  • Is the delay in the neighborhood of minutes, an hour or even more?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events