How long can new users use the link to set their password

Dominik Tschopp January 17, 2016

It's possible in Confluence to manually add users and send them a link to set a password. How long is this link valid? Or does it not expire?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2016
Dominik Tschopp January 19, 2016

Thank you very much for your reply, Phil.

There are two posibilities: You can either send a new user an invitation link. The user can then register herself / himself. The link in the invitation email contains a token. This token is valid until you change it. I think that's what you described above.

The other possibility is: You create a user account in the admin panel. You can then either set a password for the account. Or you can send out a notification email that contains a link through that the new user can set a the password.

What I am not sure about: Does this notification email in the second case contain the same token as in the first case? If yes: All the links are valid until i change the token, right? If not: How long are these links valid?

Thanks a lot,
Dominik

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

If the notification is sent to the user there is no expiry on that invite that I am aware of. Although the token is different for each user.

Dominik Tschopp January 19, 2016

Thanks a lot, Phil. This helped to clarify.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events