Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How it is possible to have multi level paragraph numbering?

Aleksis Geske September 26, 2016

It is very comon to have need for such paragraph numbering:

Example: 

1. sth

1.1. sth

1.2. sth
        1.2.1 and so on.

I know there is micro for this kind of this but it would be great if you could integrate in the text editor.  

2 answers

0 votes
Nicholas Wade April 27, 2022

Are we ever going to get paragraph numbering in Confluence Cloud? There's a whole slew of businesses out there who write legal type docs who can't use Confluence Cloud.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

Yes - it is in the wiki toolbar to the left of the tick and the indent second to the right of the tick

image2016-9-27 6:57:14.png

image2016-9-27 6:58:37.png

Aleksis Geske September 26, 2016

I must correct my self - by multi level paragraph numbering i meant multiple paragraph headings.

If it is multiple page document which content is divided in multiple paragraph headings, than its is not convenient to use 'i' or 'a.' because it can be in multiple places in the document.

On contrary by using automated paragraph headings like 1.2.1. or 1.2.1.2. is much more easily to find and there is no interpretation on which higher lever the section it belongs.

Without these paragraph heading numbering system, it is super hard to write user friendly system technical specification.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events