Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How import data from Confluence database dump into Atlassian OnDemand

Nico De Vos May 20, 2012

Hello,

I have a database dump of the data from on older version of Confluence standalone version that was running on one of our servers.

Can I migrate the data from that database dump into the Atlassian OnDemand Confluence?

Kind regards

Nico De Vos

Foundation.be

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2012

Hi Nico,

this should work under special circumstances. Look here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+wiki+data

But it will not work with a database dump. You have to setup a local confluence instance with this database, update it to the same major version as the On-Demand-Instance and then export your spaces and import them to the on-demand-instance space by space.

Best regards

Thomas

Nico De Vos May 20, 2012

Hallo Thomas,

Thanks for your answer, but the answer to my problem is not in the refferd link.

I will explain my problem in more detail:

I've got only a backup.sql file from an older Confluence standalone version that was running on one of our servers. So what I want to do is to restore the data on a On-Demand-Instance. The confluence on the server isn't running anymore, so I've got only the sql-file to work with.

Kind regards,

Nico

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2012

I don't think they support import from a database dump. You can, of course, ask Atlassian support, but I really think Thomas is right - they'll want your XML.

Again, as Thomas says, there's an easy fix - create a new confluence, run your SQL into it, then export the XML.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events