How hiding the User list for an external user in confluence?

Mari Car January 12, 2018

Hi together, 

I created an account for a customer of our company in Confluence, the customer is in an extra group for external users. I logged in with his Mails to check the permissions and noticed, that he can see the list of our confluence users, of all employees of our company and of an other customer we have. Can I hide the user list for an user oder a group of users? 

Thank you very much in advance 

Mari

2 answers

0 votes
Mari Car January 17, 2018

It´s really crazy, that Atlassian developers did not think about a such important feature, like hiding the Users lists for external users. No external Users should know which custumers a company has. 

0 votes
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

Hi Mari,

If I'm reading the question correctly, you can try the steps outlined here.

Hope this helps,

Danny

Mari Car January 17, 2018

thank you, very much, I found the same explanations and hoped there was another way!!

It´s really crazy, that Atlassian developers did not think about a such important feature, like hiding the Users lists for external users. No external Users should know which custumers a company has and see names of other users.

Have a nice day Danny and thank you again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events