How edit attachments in WIKI without having to download them first?

Alexander Murdoch September 10, 2015

Hello experts.

I have a Confluence Wiki site for my team and we have bunch of documents out there.

Sometimes, we have to change them and I was looking for a way to edit them with a Plugin or something without having to download, edit, upload the last version again.

I'm not expecting something like Google Docs (that would be awesome!) but, something like Share Point will suffice.

Thanks!

Alex.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

Hi Alexander, 

Let's suppose that you are talking about attachments like Word, Excel, etc. For cases like this one, you can use the Edit in Office feature which would allow you to do it. Just remember that for Firefox, we would need ot install the mentioned add-on from the doc and this feature does not work with Chrome yet. We can also have some issues as described in Jim's answer above. 

Also, as you mentioned something like Sharepoint, have you heard about the usage of Sharepoint with Confluence? With the Sharepoint connector add-on, we can use Confluence with Sharepoint. smile

Lastly, for having operations like Google Docs, you can give your vote in this request

Hope it helps you, sir!

Cheers, 

Giu

Alexander Murdoch September 10, 2015

Ohh...that was the problem! My company is still running Confluence 3.4.7 :P Thanks anyway :) Alex.

0 votes
jim romaine September 10, 2015

I have a similar issue that I haven't fully resolved yet, but did see some direction with the issue discussed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/%27Edit+in+Word%27+Requires+Login+or+Doesn%27t+Work+at+All

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events