How does Confluence handle permissions for in-line and attachment comments?

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2015

Robbie, do you mean who may view the comments? A user with permission to view a page or an attachment may also view the comments. If you mean who may add comments, there is an "add comment" permission at the space level. 

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Confluence 5.7 allows you to add comments in-line and to attachments. I was testing the permissions for these features. As an example... # I added a comment to an image in the previewer. # I removed the Delete Comment permission for a test user. # I logged in as the test user. # I was able to delete the comment.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

I followed your steps and reproduced the issue on a Confluence 5.7 test instance.Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I created a bug report so it will be fixed in a future version of Confluence: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36859 Please vote for it so it will get more attention from the development team.

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

Thanks, Ann!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events