Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Confluence Cloud have no analytical data? Are you kidding me?

Stephen Benny January 11, 2017

We are currently using Confluence Cloud as a social e-learning tool for our 350 employees. It would be nice to see content that is being viewed and vice versa. The only analytical data we have on users is the last time they signed in. With no analytical data on our content or users, there is no way for administrators to get a better picture on how our content is being used. Atlassian is a billion dollar company that must be driven on user data, how is it possible that an analytic package has not been rolled out inside of the Confluence Cloud

Are you kidding me?...

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2017

The Atlassian Marketplace provides analytics solutions. Have you tried Analytics for Confluence Cloud for example? If that does not work there might be one that meets your needs: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=analytics

This is a problem that the Atlassian ecosystem seems to have some good solutions for.

Stephen Benny January 11, 2017

Hey Robert, Thank you for the suggestion! I have checked this one out but unfortunately this pulls information on a per page basis. We currently have over 500 pages of information on our page tree and this method would be highly inefficient to check analytics page by page. I just wish Atlassian would jump on this one. 

Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

@Stephen Benny: We've recently released analytics at a space level so you can get an overview across all pages in a space. Does that sound like it would help?

We're in the process of updating the add-on page with the new screenshots.

Stephen Benny January 12, 2017

@Tim Clipsham [Good Software Co.] , thanks for the update! I am excited to see the new screenshots. Do you have a time frame for when you will be displaying these?

Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

Stephen: No worries, the new screenshots are live. The add-on has a 30 day trial period so feel free to give it a try.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.addonengine.analytics/cloud/overview

0 votes
Huiyi Lin April 4, 2017

Hi Stephen, 

I am not sure if you have already found a good solution by now. Last year I had similar problems like you do, we were using confluence cloud for our documentation, there's so little information that I can use  to find out that if our setup guides and knowledge base articles were helpful enough for our customers.

I was lucky because our software engineers are super competent. :) After I complained about it in the team, they have actually managed to create a plugin that connects google analytics with Confluence Cloud. Don't asked me how they did it, there's no chance I can explain it. It's too technical for me. :) 

But now I can see the page views, bounce rate, the average time on page, new visitor vs returning visitors...most of the things googles analytics can do. 

Couple of weeks ago, we decided to release this plugin on Atlassian Markeplace, it's currently for free. It's super easy to setup, because its target audience is for non-technicals like me. 

Give it a try, maybe it helps. 

Marketplace name: GoogleAnalytics for Confluence Cloud

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2017

There is Global Activity that is built in, but you have to raise a support ticket with Atlassian to have them turn it on.

You can couple that with the Content by User macro.

Stephen Benny January 12, 2017

Hey Milo! I had that global activity feature turned on, but recently they did away with it. I wonder if they have something in store for the future? I can only hope so! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events