How do you move an unresticted page from a restricted space?

Wynne Teeter September 3, 2019

I created a template page in a Space that is restricted.  The individual page has no restrictions,  but it has inherited the restrictions from the parent Space.  I would like to make a copy of my page and move it to a Space that is unrestricted.  I tried doing this and I get the message that I don't have permission to move the page to the new Parent space. 

I am an org and site admin.   I created the initial page.  

Anyone have any idea how to get around this?

2 answers

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

When you want to move page from one space to another, you need to have "Add Page"  permission on target space please check this and verify.

Site-admins are not always granted this permission, but you can configure it.

I've done this.  I was the creator of each space and had added myself to both spaces as an individual. Granting access to add pages, etc.  

0 votes
Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi, since you are not copying but moving the page, I'd also check that you have DELETE permission on your source restricted page.

I've got permission to DELETE as well as Add Page.  

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Page permissions override the ones assinged by the space, as far a I know.

Wynne Teeter September 5, 2019

Hmm,  I've checked both page and space permissions.  I have access to everything.  I'll keep poking around.  It must be user error,  just having a hard time finding where its at.

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

Hi @Wynne Teeter  Have you managed to resolve the issue? Have news to share? Would be cool if you could share the found solution. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events