• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you move an unresticted page from a restricted space?

I created a template page in a Space that is restricted.  The individual page has no restrictions,  but it has inherited the restrictions from the parent Space.  I would like to make a copy of my page and move it to a Space that is unrestricted.  I tried doing this and I get the message that I don't have permission to move the page to the new Parent space. 

I am an org and site admin.   I created the initial page.  

Anyone have any idea how to get around this?

2 answers

1 vote
DPK J Community Leader Sep 03, 2019

When you want to move page from one space to another, you need to have "Add Page"  permission on target space please check this and verify.

Site-admins are not always granted this permission, but you can configure it.

I've done this.  I was the creator of each space and had added myself to both spaces as an individual. Granting access to add pages, etc.  

Hi, since you are not copying but moving the page, I'd also check that you have DELETE permission on your source restricted page.

I've got permission to DELETE as well as Add Page.  

Page permissions override the ones assinged by the space, as far a I know.

Hmm,  I've checked both page and space permissions.  I have access to everything.  I'll keep poking around.  It must be user error,  just having a hard time finding where its at.

Hi @Wynne Teeter  Have you managed to resolve the issue? Have news to share? Would be cool if you could share the found solution. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you