How do you link JIRA Server to Confluence Server?

salpadoru July 7, 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to link JIRA and Confluence which I freshly installed on separate servers. They work fine and I am able to access them from both the servers. When I try to configure JIRA application from Application Links. It first said no response and later came to a "Link applications form" which asked for various parameters like consumer key and shared secret. How do get these?

Currently, I see JIRA under Configure Application Links and when I click on Authenticate to see status, I get this error:

An error occurred while trying to obtain an access token. For application link "JIRA (1cca4c35...

I thought this will be much simpler. Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Eshan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

Hi @Eshan Salpadoru

You can integrate JIRA Server with Confluence Server simply using "Application Link" as you mentioned above.

If you want to integrate JIRA server with Bitbucket cloud/GitHub ..etc that time you have to provide oath and secret key.

0 votes
salpadoru July 9, 2016

Hi Yogesh,

I attempted to do this, but it is asking me for various parameters like Share Secret, Tokens etc? How do I get these?

Eshan

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2016

Hi @Eshan Salpadoru

See in case of Bitbucket cloud click on Bitbucket settings-->Outh–> Add Consumer (Which you want to integrate like Confluence, Bamboo, Jira) and provide the details like URL and all and you will find there Secret and key.

regards

Yogesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events