How do you ensure the latest documentation space shows up at the TOP of the list in Google Search?

If you have separate Confluence spaces for each version of the documentation -

is there a way to insure that the latest doc space is listed at the TOP of the Google Search Results?

Same as this question but I didn't see a solution in there for those of us that make a new doc space for the latest version as opposed to using a Master doc space and making a new space for the older versions?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Not-able-to-view-the-latest-version-document-page-created-in-the/qaq-p/157777

Any suggestions - greatly appreciated - using Google Search because the Confluence search is not that great

Please help - thanks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

MaryAnn,

You won't be able to easily control what Google things is most relevant, thus putting it at the top of the results, but I've thought of a few things you can try.

1. You can create a robots.txt file, thus telling search engines which parts of your site should be indexed or avoided.
  2. You could have your users filter results to a specific publish date. For example, under Types of search tools > Search tools you can use for Web results you can see you can filter by publish date.

Have a look at that documentation and do let us know if you have any questions about it.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your quick response. I will review the links and get back to you if I have questions.

Thanks again

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

602 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you