How do you add a banner with links above the page title?

David Kanenwisher January 18, 2013

I have a set of API documents that are specific to each version of the API they were created for. I followed Atlassian's Managing the Life Cycle of your Technical Documentation page to get it all setup. I got it all working as per the instructions, but it didn't include instructions on how to add the banner at the top of the page like Atlassian has on theirs.

If you click the link above you'll notice a grey banner at the top of the page that says 'Confluence Latest – This documentation is for Confluence 5.0 developer (EAP) releases only. Not for you? See the Confluence OnDemand documentation. For the latest downloadable release, see the documentation for Confluence 4.3.x. Earlier documentation is available too.' I tried recreating this using the info macro, {info}, but when I did that my links stopped working. Does anybody know if there's a different macro or some other cool trick I should use to add that banner at the top?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 19, 2013
I suspect you might be looking for the Space Jump macro (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Space+Jump+Macro). Add this to the Header section when configuring the Documentation Theme - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Documentation+Theme#ConfiguringtheDocumentationTheme-ScreenCustomised Apologies if this is not I'm not available in the OnDemand versions of confluence, I don't use those versions, however as it is part of the documentation theme I suspect it is.
David Kanenwisher January 20, 2013

This very nearly worked, except that the links don't render as links instead I see the wiki markup like so: [API Documentation 2011-10-10 (Latest)|API Documentation Home]. If I don't wrap the links in an {info} or {note} macro the links work correctly but then I don't get the highlighted banner. I supect this has something to do with using confluence ondemand but I can't find any documentation to confirm that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events