How do links affect the search or search results?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Hello,

I know that if I have a website that has loads of links going to it from other sites, this will mean my site appears further up a set of search results.

Does something similar happen within Confluence? IE, will a page containing the search term and several links appear higher in the results than a page with the search term but fewer or no links?

Or do links have no affect on the search at all?

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

It does not appear to affect the Lucene results (Lucene is the search engine that Confluence uses) according to the docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Ranking+of+Search+Results

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2013

Matt, thanks. That's what I thought. I had an idea that I read something about it affecting the results in Confluence, but couldn't find that info anywhere. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events