Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view the version history of a single attachment?

Anatoly Klebanov March 28, 2016

I am aware that you can use the Attachments macro to view the version history of each file that is attached to a page. Is there a method that I can use to view the version history of a single attachment? I realize that I can remove the other attachments to achieve this, but I need the other files attached to the same page. Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2016

Hi Anatoly,

I think I understand from your exchange with Stephan what you are driving at. You can use the Attachments macro's parameters to accomplish what you wish I believe.

Using the Attachment Labels parameter, you can input the label(s) that will drive having only the desired attachment displayed. If you only have a particular filetype for that one file and all other attachments are a different filetype, you can instead utilize the Filename Patterns parameter (the latter is especially helpful when you want to avoid displaying non-business documents in a list such as graphics files).

Learn more at https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf53/displaying-a-list-of-attachments-411108785.html

For more on labeling attachments, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf53/adding-labels-411108771.html

Hope that helps.

Tom

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2016

I forgot to add, the Attachments macro will list version history if you check the parameter option, Include Old Attachment Versions.

0 votes
ST Kambor-Wiesenberg March 28, 2016

Hi Anatoly,

go to the confluence page with the attachment, click on the paperclip icon (top of the page), now you see all attachements, click on the little arrow (>) left to the name of the attachment, now you see the version history of this single attachment.

Is that what you looking for?

Regards
Stephan

Anatoly Klebanov March 29, 2016

Thank you, Stephan. Close. I am looking to display the version history of a single attachment directly on the page without navigating to the attachments list. Are you aware of a way to do this?

Best,

Toly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events