How do I use the Bob Swift script plugin

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

The documentation is minimal, I have tried to use the sample scripts in the Groovy macro and in User Macros and I cannot get anything to work. Some of these scripts are 4 years old, maybe they haven't ben updated to be compatiple with Confluence 5.1???

I really want these to work but I just don't know how they are meant to run, and there is nothing in the documentation to help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

No clear answer provided, however Bob did update the one script I was interested in. Thankyou

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

You could try my script plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.confluence.scripting.script-runner - although it targets a different use case really.

Not that there's many examples, except the built-in scripts which may be a bit complex to start learning. But there is plenty of java confluence code out there, it's just a case of putting a groovy spin on it.

Or let us know what you want to do and someone will give you a pointer.

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

Hi Jamie,

I have your plugin for JIRA, but does this work with Confluence too? I read somewhere that you do not support Confluence.

But what I really want to do is have a workaround for Atlassians lack of support for this bug/feature, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-20118

What I what is a macro that when put on a page, when someone views the page they are automatically added as watches of the page, I was hoping to do this with Bob Swift's scripts as he has an example which is so close to this and I was going to tweak it. But I can't get it working, here is the sample https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8749070

Cheers

Chris

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I posted the wrong link, I updated it now.

No, it doesn't do that, it's more for admin/maintenance stuff. "Listeners" and macros etc will come at some point if there's demand.

cheers, jamie

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2013

No clear answer provided, however Bob did update the one script I was interested in. Thankyou

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events