How do I update a template using the APIs?

Tony Cantin March 23, 2020

We have multiple spaces (6 in total) that all want to leverage the same template. Ideally, as we make updates to the template, we could push the changes to all 6 spaces via the restful api. Is there a way to do this? We were looking at the APIs and thought maybe we could use property key update assuming it supports "entity id". 

The other option we are going after is doing a global template. The problem is our company has over 3,000 spaces and doing a global template would show up for everyone. Our admins are exploring the possibility of doing this, but I'm pretty confident it's not something they'll do.

We explored combining the spaces into one space but it's been determined we cannot play nice together.

As a last resort, when template changes are made, I'll just manually update all of the spaces.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Monique Khairuliana[ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Tony Cantin , actually ServiceRocket's Scaffolding Forms & Templates provides this capability:

Live templates simplify updates

With Live Templates, pages dynamically inherit the template’s structure and layout in Confluence. Thousands of pages can be updated with just one click, making maintenance and updates faster and more accurate.

The app is available in Server, Data Center and Cloud. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events