Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch editor to Legacy on a free cloud account?

Martin Page June 4, 2021

I am trialling cloud Confluence before I throw money into it, and was used to all the fantastic functions now deemed legacy that I was using on my work confluence (that will all now turn into garbage on eventual transfer).

All the community answers i see on how to switch say to send a support ticket. This isn't an option for free, users and I'm not switching to paid in a system which so far seems to be arbitrarily removing key features and making us all live in a minimalist land of blank white space and random hanging objects.

It's like Frank Lloyd Wright took over confluence. Can anyone help? 

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2021

Hey @Martin Page

I don't think there is a way to enable the legacy editor on the free plan. Sorry!

I did want to mention that my team is testing the effects of migration and conversation to the new editor on our old documentation content written in Confluence Server.

We've been pleasantly surprised by how few issues we've actually encountered. Most issues have resulted from us misusing features in the old editor. Stuff like tables within tables. So I'd hope that part of the move works well for you.

Martin Page June 6, 2021

Thanks Matt for being so responsive. Do you know what will happen to the panels on conversion? My whole design for my hundreds of users relies on it. It enables a clean separated content design, and more importantly can be easily applied by non-web people without css or HTML knowledge. 

the default (like many others out there) seems to be lots of blobs of information hanging in midair with no separation or delineation (or nif there is it requires ugly tables or coding), which to be blunt goes contrary to how people read and explore. 

This function has LITERALLY made me able to coax an entire division of a university that serves tens of thousands of people, to shift to using confluence where before they thought it was hard to use, ugly and didn’t use it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events