Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show the summary text from a JIRA story on a confluence page?

Gerald Owenson June 15, 2016

When I use the 'insert JIRA filter', I only get the JIRA link icon and issue reference.  I want to show the JIRA story summary text in confluence and have this text link to the JIRA story. If the story summary is updated in JIRA, then the changes should be reflected in the text within confluence.

I have looked at using JQL, but cannot find a way to control the displayed fields in confluence.  When I select a 'table' in the 'display options' in Confluence and delete all the fields except 'summary', the resulting table is not filtered by the JIRA reference and all fields are shown.

Help appreciated. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

fields.png

0 votes
Gerald Owenson June 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful comments.  I think the problem is, when the 'table' view is inserted into the page in edit mode, it renders like this...

image2016-6-15 12:45:45.png

What I didn't do was exit the edit view and look at the page.  If you do this, then the JIRA link renders correctly.

Hopefully, this will help others too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events