How do I set up a customer support portal without tieing it to a service desk

Christine Allee January 13, 2017

Can I set up a knowledge base in Confluence for our customers to access without linking it to a service desk, or is this only for users of JIRA?  This would be to house documentation, FAQ's, video tutorials, etc..  We might use JIRA in phase 2 to add a ticketing system, but we are just starting with the knowledge base.  Everything I've read about knowledge bases in Confluence relates to JIRA service desks...

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2017

A Knowledge Base is just a standard Confluence space with a set of defaults that help it to be a Knowledge Base. 

It derives a lot of power from being linked to a JIRA Service Desk, but is actually completely self-contained and Confluence treats it like any other space.

You can forget JIRA for now, for what you have described.

Set up Confluence, add a space as a Knowledge Base, put in all the articles, docs, FAQs, links to videos and all the rest you want in there, and either give it a simple "all logged in users can see it" so you share it with everyone (or even add "anonymous" access, so that people without a login can see it too).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events