Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set "Showed Changed Content" to false for entire Confluence installation?

Jonathan Beerhalter August 17, 2014

For security reasons we cannot send out the full content of blog posts in email when notifications go out. As such we've had to shut down all email notificaitons from blog posts within confluence. I know that each individual user can manage their email notifications, but we'd like to enforce this firm wide.

I'm referring to the "Show changed content" referenced here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content

Is this a setting we can enforce for all users?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Branno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2014

Howdy Jonathan!

There is a way to enforce this setting for all users, but it will involve working in the database. This information is stored in the OS_PROPERTYENTRY table. You can manually disable the "show changed content" setting for all users that have email notifications enabled by running the following SQL statement:

UPDATE OS_PROPERTYENTRY
SET boolean_val = 'f'
WHERE entity_key = 'confluence.prefs.email.show.diff';

After manually setting all users to false, you can then use a stored procedure or a trigger to set that value to false if a user attempts to enable the setting.

As this involves directly modifying the database, ensure you backup the database before making any changes. Also note that this statement would not be officially supported by Atlassian.

Cheers,

Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events