How do I set a percent width on an image in Confluence 4?

Rebecca Sheridan June 21, 2012

We used to set some images to 90% of the screen, so they would scale to our page. When we upgraded to version 4, they all expanded to full size. Is there a way to reset this?

2 answers

0 votes
Mat Pike April 22, 2021

Try the HTML Image macro, the standard imsert Image option removes any % sign, but the HTML Image macro accepts the % and will resize with your window.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2012

Do you happened to have some customization configured on that before in the previous Confluence version that perhaps you can apply onto Confluence 4.x?

Patrick Miller July 17, 2012

Our site has the same problem... and we'd also like an answer/solution to this.

And NO, we needed no 'customization' to do this in earlier confluence verions... width=90% was a supported image property in wiki markup.

Prior image sizes of width=90% that we had set in many confluence pages settings were lost on our jiraStudio 'upgrade' to confluence 4.x and I can find no way to re-edit the under lying image tags to readd such a value... The rich-text editor image toolbar only gives me fixed choices small/med/lrg/original or hardcoded pixel size). If I enter 90% it gets turned into 90px -- which is NOT what I (we) want.

Please allow entry of % values in the image properties size field.

Patrick Miller July 17, 2012

4.2 documenation still shows the width= property... (where we used to be able to put width=90%) but the % values seem to get ignored (or were lost during upgrade).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF42/Confluence+Wiki+Markup#ConfluenceWikiMarkup-Images

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events