cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send email notifiactions to page watches via a plugin module

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

I am devloping a plugin, and I have a servlet in which I want to be able to send a custom email to all watches of the page, so it looks like a normal confluence notification, with the start of the body reading: "Your action is needed on this page" and then the usual page link and extract...

How can I do this?

I have found the NotificationManager, but I can't see how to send a custom email. Also I'm not sure how to find all the watches, or how to send to all watches. I would have thought this would have a simple API?

Please help...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2014

I found out the answer, and it's not as easy as I thought, using the example: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Sending+Emails+in+a+Plugin

I need to go through every user in Confluence, verify if they are watching the page in question, then send off a custom email.

It's not nice and lots of code to send a confluence looking email.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2014

Hi Chris,

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Posting+Notifications+in+Confluence

plugin module in confluence might help you...

Regards

Onkar Ahire!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events