Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see the file name in the attachments list on a page?

Rory Apperson October 1, 2019

I'm looking at the list of attachments for a page.  Where is the file name?  I know I can click into "properties" and see it, but that takes me away from the page with the list, and when I go back, it has reset to the top of the list so I'm worried about deleting the wrong attachment. 

2019-10-01_10-23-29.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2019

Hello Rory,

Thank you for contacting us. In general, there's a first column before the Size Column called Name and it will display the name of the file:

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 15.09.14.png

Yours seems to be missing a column, but I am not really sure why.

1. What version of Confluence are you on?
  2. Do you see the same view for every page's attachments list? 
  3. Are other users able to replicate this?
  4. Do you have any add-ons enabled in your browser that might be altering the way it's displayed?

You may want to raise a support ticket directly with the Cloud team if you're on the Cloud version of Confluence. They'll be able to have a look directly at your instance and let you know if there's a problem.

Regards,

Shannon

Rory Apperson October 7, 2019

Hi Shannon, thanks for the reply.  Other pages do in fact have that column, and now so does the one above!  I guess it was a temporary problem.

-Rory

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Rory,

Thank you for confirming! Very strange indeed. I know we had an incident in Cloud yesterday which is since resolved. That may have prevented portions of your page from loading. If you're on Cloud, it's a good guess that this is what caused it.

If you encounter the issue again, please do let us know!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events