Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I search for the address of a link?

Mike Scott December 26, 2014

I have a link to an external site (Yahoo for example) on a page like this:  Click Here

I would like to search for the link's address: "http://www.yahoo.com".

I've tried searches like these with no luck:

• "yahoo.com"
  • "www.yahoo.com" 

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2014

Hi Mike,

Yes, you need to go "Behind the scenes" and get a SQL/DB Access to be able to run such query. Or you can download SQL plugin Bob Swift to run within Confluence.

Cheers,
WZ

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2014

Hey @Juan Felipe Cardona,

Thank you for the clarification.
So this query should return all the pages that has "yahoo.com" on this pages:

select c.title,b.body,c.contenttype from bodycontent b inner join content c on b.body like '%yahoo.com%' AND b.contentid = c.contentid;

Cheers,

WZ

0 votes

Thanks for the quick response.

I was hoping to just use the standard Confluence Search feature/page and enter something like "url:yahoo.com"

How do I go about executing that SQL from within Confluence?  Or do I have to get "behind the scenes" SQL/DB access?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2014

Hey Mike,

From what I could understand, you are trying to have results from Yahoo searches within Confluence? If that what you meant, that is not possible.
If that isn't what you're trying to do, can you please elaborate it?

Cheers,
WZ

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2014

Hello, I think Mike is trying to look for strings that contain "yahoo.com" (or similar) inside his pages.

You are correct, thanks for the clarification.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events