How do I search for text within links?

Sandy Johnson March 31, 2016

My company upgraded our version of SharePoint and in the process changed the URL. This broke all the links in Confluence (we are on version 5.8.13). I want to find all the instances of a link to our SharePoint sites so we can update the URLs. I have not been able to find a way because the search does not look at the link as text.. For example, the old URLs contained the letters MOSS. When I search on that I get no results even though I know we have 1000's of links containing those letters in the URL.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

I wrote a user macro for search/replace, which you could also use for links.

https://streamline.atlassian.net/wiki/display/STRMLN/Search+and+Replace+User+Macro

It operates much slower than the standard search, of course, since it has to step through all pages, but maybe it will be able to help. Since it also does replace, you might be able to fix it automatically smile

0 votes
Robert Ortner March 31, 2016

one way would be to search on database level using sql statements or you find a general plugin checking for valid externel links

no more ideas from my side

best Robert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events