How do I re-enable a user?

Frank DiGiovanni June 15, 2015

A past employee has returned. His user account was disabled in Confluence, and I do not see a way to re-enable his account.

what can I do to re-enable him?

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Glenzer January 14, 2019
0 votes
Frank DiGiovanni June 16, 2015

I am not in a cloud configuration; all local servers.

I found that if I waited, the user change I made in JIRA percolated to the user change in confluence; it was just not immediate. But I can confirm, after looking at every conceivable page, that there is no interface to re-enable a user from the Confluence admin area.

The 're-enable' feature was available in JIRA but not Confluence.

our matrix of versions for installed/used products, in case that matters:

Crucible/Fisheye3.5.4
jira6.2.2
jira agile6.6.13
confluence5.3.1

Which leads me to the upgrade question: we are interested in moving to the most current versions of these products, which I believe we have paid for, etc. However, it would be prudent to:

1. stop all activity
  2. back up all data and state (which is available from the admin screens)
  3. upgrade applications
  4. go

Having done this, if things were not ok, it is not clear how to revert the tools back to their prior versions and recover the data and state to the place I left from... What does Atlassian suggest? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2015

Go to user maintenance and untick the "disabled" flag in their profile.  You may need to re-add them to one or many groups too.

Scott Paden June 16, 2015

Hmmm..., I am new to Confluence admin. I don't see a place on the Site Adminstration (users) screen to tick the "disabled" flag I'm on this screen: somesite.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=janedoe I can't include a picture :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2015

Ah, you're on Cloud then. You need to look at the user maintenance in the general Cloud settings, not the Confluence settings (they just display the Cloud user stuff). See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Manage+users+and+groups

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events