How do I opt out if I don't like the new layout?

The old theme was better.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Bettina,

I assume you're referring to the new Confluence look in Cloud instances? This is the new look overall and it is not possible to opt out of.

My recommendation is to click your avatar in the bottom left-hand corner and select the Give Feedback option there about any particular feature you don't like.

If you need any help navigating the new look please let us know and I'll be happy to help you with that.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I iust got the updated view for Jira at my work...looks nice...but wondering if we can get that search bar back up at the top, right-hand side?

The new layout  makes an extra click to find my project. I usually  know the project # and type that in the search bar -- it was super easy before....now, not so much..... Thanks for checking into it! 

Hi Brenda,

Unfortunately it's not possible to move that, but there's a quick search available by typing a forward slash: /

You can then begin typing your search query.

Can you try that and let me know how it works out for you?

Please also feel free to submit feedback about the new look via the Give Feedback item in the sidebar. It will go straight to our New Look team.

Regards,

Shannon

Hey, that's a cool trick! Thanks!!

You're welcome Brenda! There are a lot of other new shortcuts so if you click on the question mark in the bottom-left you can review other new Keyboard Shortcuts that will help speed up your workflow. :) 

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.25.16 AM.png

Let me know if you have any questions about any of them.

Regards,

Shannon

Great!! (I am not a programmer so I would know of these things) Thanks!!

Hi Brenda,

No worries! Actually 'gg' was the previous shortcut, but now all that feature does is help you find menu items (also maybe that's useful for you to know?)

I found out about the / from the same menu.

Take care!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

81 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you