Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move a page with restrictions?

Johanna Dirnberger August 20, 2013

Hi

I want to move a child page to another page within the same project. My page has like 15 restrictions which must remain as they are. When I use the move function to move the page, I get the error message "You can not restrict pages in the destination space. Remove restrictions before moving page." However, I do have the right to restrict pages in the destination space. So the only thing I can do is to remove all the restrictions, move the page and then restrict it again.

For space admins it is possible to move those restricted pages, for "normal" employees it is not.

So what I would really like to know is what am I supposed to do if I want to move a page and I don't want the whole company to see my page for the time I need to move it? I can't always go find a space admin when I want to move a simple page. Are you thinking about changing this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2013

Hi!

It seems this is a BUG with Confluence fixed in 5.2: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26138

can you have a look and let me know if that is the situation you are running to?

Regards,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Johanna Dirnberger August 21, 2013

Hi, yes thats exactly my problem, thanks! Then i'll just wait until we updated our wiki :-)

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2013

Thanks Johanna!

If the problem is fixed within the upgrade, please take a time and confirm in this issue as such other people can confirm the behavior. :)

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events