How do I keep focus at the position I pasted in a table?

David Fogarty March 10, 2015

I have a table that is over a screen in height.  Pasting in a status macro into a cell pushes focus all the way to the bottom - leaving me unsure if the paste worked, and making it really hard to work my way down the table.

3 answers

0 votes
David Fogarty May 7, 2015

First thing that makes this problem "interesting" is that I think its limited to long tables inside comments.  The 

||Text style comment|| Status Pasting Column || Another Column for more status|| A checkbox or not column || ...||
| Text | One more status | zero or more status pastes | (/) |
|  | | X |  |

I just reproduced in the comment by trying to paste a status in the second to bottom row (at the X, which was blank.  After the paste, it focussed about 2/3 of the way up the table.  My table is about two natural screens high.

Hope that makes sense

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

Hey David,

Mind sharing with us if this is reproducible in all supported browsers (IE/FF/Chrome)?

If it is then send us a screenshot of how the page is displaying after you add the macro.

Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.
0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Hello David, I have performed a test with a similar scenario, and if I understood - I could not reproduce the issue using Confluence 5.7. Please add details to this thread so we can check if something was missed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events