How do I insert a training video on my page?

David Allyn January 13, 2021

In the past I would use a Multimedia macro, however this functionality has been removed from Confluence Cloud.  And the supported macros page shows no substitute for this capability.

I've been building training pages in Confluence for years - is there a work around that someone knows of?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @David Allyn ,

You can upload your video to page by using "Files & Images"image.png

David Allyn January 14, 2021

Thank you @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH for your advice - that's definitely a work around. 

We've always had the ability to attach files to pages and I've deliberately chosen not to do that, because clicking and downloading the video content to play on their computer is a cumbersome/long process - especially for big video files. 

Do you happen to know how to *stream* videos directly on the page, by chance?

David Allyn January 19, 2021

After testing...  @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH you are correct - Thank You!

When I attached a mp4 file in my page, it attaches *with a player* - this is new behavior as it used to just attach as an icon or link, and you were required to use the macro to play videos.

It works now.  Thanks!

0 votes
Anna Mitina _Stiltsoft_ October 12, 2023

Hi @David Allyn 

If you're building your training in Confluence I have to mention an add-on that could make your life easier - izi LMS for ConfluenceIt enables to create courses and quizzes in Confluence the same way you create pages and use them for training and onboarding. 

It is easy to switch between Confluence and izi and you will be able to use every Confluence page as a course module. It takes only some seconds in order to do that. In addition to that there's also a possibility to create quizzes. 

Watch a 2-minute video

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events