How do I have a bulleted list that isn't indented?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

Using the Bullet list, the list items are automatically indented:

• One
  • Two
  • Three

I want the list to be flush left:

• One
• Two
• Three

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2015

I finally have a solution. Thanks to a rep from Adaptavist, I've got exactly what I want.

To get disc bullets to align left, use the Fancy Bullets macro and set the Padding to 15px (<- be sure to add "px").

Keep in mind that this setting may only work for disc bullets; you'll have to experiment with other padding amounts for other bullet shapes

lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2015

Awesome, make sure to mark this as answered so we can also close this post ;).

1 vote
Guillaume Bourque February 20, 2019

Inversly, how to indent the bullet list more to the right?

Ian C_ February 12, 2020

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58987

:( Unassigned since Oct-2019

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2015

I found one workaround that works without columns.

If I use the HTML macro thusly:

image2015-6-25 10:59:2.png

I get this:

image2015-6-25 10:59:32.png

Perfect!

BUT ...

If the page has layout, the right side of the text is cut off:

image2015-6-25 11:8:57.png

Is there some HTML wizardry that can be added to make sure all the text appears?

[I also created an improvement request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38061. Please vote for it!]

lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2015

Well, that is a start at least, nice one :D.

0 votes
Jill Pellettieri April 6, 2017

I'm trying to use Milo Grika's solution to get a bulleted list that's not outdented in the "Fancy Bullet" macro, but I don't know what I'm supposed to put for "ID"--can someone explain what that field is to me? Thanks.

0 votes
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2015

Unfortunately there's no built in way to move those as the feature was designed to work in that way sad.  If you try to click in the "Outdented" to move the bullets to the left it will remove the bullet.

What you could do is to raise a improvement request at https://jira.atlassian.com while we look for any other kind of work around.
Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events