• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I get in contact with my Company's system administrator?

For clarification, I am seeking an employee with system administrator authority, not just someone with permission to edit a given Confluence page. I am attempting to get authority to write user macros and/or install plugins, both of which require system administrator authority.

1 answer

@Wiatt Bingley 

Do you have a server or cloud version.
The question of a system administrator can only be answered in your company and not in the community.

1) I am not sure - any suggestions to figure that out would be appreciated

2) I work at a very large company, and trying to figure out who is the system admin has only lead to dead ends. I was hoping atlassian had some sort of mechanism to connect me to this person.

Doesn't your company have to provide information where you can apply for access to confluence and the corresponding rights?
You can also reach a system administrator there.
If you are using the cloud version, atlassian support may be able to determine who is the system administrator.
But you asked your question in the community and that is not the atlassian support.

Like Wiatt Bingley likes this

To work out if you are on Cloud or Server, use the Help (? icon near top right) -> About option.  This will give you a version number (in x.y.z format) if you are on Server, and no number at all if you are in Cloud.

If you are on Server, then we, and Atlassian, cannot really help you - you'll need to ask your colleagues and organisational leads.  I usually start by asking the people who gave me access to it, as they're quite likely to know who the admins above them are.

Like Wiatt Bingley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you