Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get in contact with my Company's system administrator?

Wiatt Bingley August 31, 2020

For clarification, I am seeking an employee with system administrator authority, not just someone with permission to edit a given Confluence page. I am attempting to get authority to write user macros and/or install plugins, both of which require system administrator authority.

1 answer

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

@Wiatt Bingley 

Do you have a server or cloud version.
The question of a system administrator can only be answered in your company and not in the community.

Wiatt Bingley August 31, 2020

1) I am not sure - any suggestions to figure that out would be appreciated

2) I work at a very large company, and trying to figure out who is the system admin has only lead to dead ends. I was hoping atlassian had some sort of mechanism to connect me to this person.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

Doesn't your company have to provide information where you can apply for access to confluence and the corresponding rights?
You can also reach a system administrator there.
If you are using the cloud version, atlassian support may be able to determine who is the system administrator.
But you asked your question in the community and that is not the atlassian support.

Like Wiatt Bingley likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

To work out if you are on Cloud or Server, use the Help (? icon near top right) -> About option.  This will give you a version number (in x.y.z format) if you are on Server, and no number at all if you are in Cloud.

If you are on Server, then we, and Atlassian, cannot really help you - you'll need to ask your colleagues and organisational leads.  I usually start by asking the people who gave me access to it, as they're quite likely to know who the admins above them are.

Like Wiatt Bingley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events