How do I get an expired Confluence v3.3.1 evaluation license?

In reference to How to Make Confluence Read-Only (Method #2), how do we acquire an "expired evaluation license" for Confluence v3.31 self-hosted instance?

We need the instance to remain available, but read-only, indefinitely. We successfully leveraged the REST API to migrate our content to our new Confluence v5.10 server. However, we need the old instance on-line but read-only for some time.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

What licence does your 3.3 instance have currently?

Does this answer answer your question Nic?

1. Under Browse | Confluence Admin | Administration:
    1. License Details:
      1. License Type: Confluence: Developer
      2. Support Period:  ...support and updates are available until Mar 13, 2017

Yep.  You could just manually pull write access and keep using that as it is.

Thanks Nic but can you elaborate?

I see nothing in the license administration that permits modifications (Browse | Confluence | Administration, License Details). Perhaps I am overlooking something.

Are you instead suggesting that I could manually administer each and every user or space removing privileges? If so, that's the tedious, time consuming and error prone manual effort I was hoping to avoid.

"Googling" I find information suggesting that the license may be stored on disk as a file. I'll explore that. However, I don't presently have (interactive / shell) logon or file access to the Linux server.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I do appreciate it. 

Yes, the pain of doing that is an option, but I was thinking of something a little more swift - block disable/remove all your users, adding a single read-only user back into it, or even make it anonymously readable (if it's within your firewalls)

You could also ask support for an expired evaluation licence.  I'm sorry, I should have said that one sooner!

Thanks again Nic. I'll mark this as the answer.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

606 views 20 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you