How do I fix the FREAK vulnerability if I am running Confluence 5.6.3

Rinku Saha September 6, 2015

hi

We are using confluence 5.6.3 .we are getting  FREAK vulnerability in our confluence site .How do I fix the FREAK vulnerability if I am running Confluence 5.6.3

Thanks,

Rinku

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2015

First, you need to understand where the problem lies.  It's not Confluence at all.  The vulnerability is actually in your browser, not the server, so you should upgrade/patch your browser as the first step.

But you can protect people using flawed browsers by turning off the affected encryption methods on your server.

How you do that depends on what the server is, so you need to know what server Confluence is being served up by.  Is it plain Tomcat doing all the work?  Or have you put Apache/Nginx/IIS/lightppd/etc in front of it?

Rinku Saha September 7, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thank you for clarifying on this. yes we are using Apache web server . I have applied the below work around but it didn't;t fix. till we are finding FREAK vulnerability.

https://weakdh.org/sysadmin.html

As you mentioned you should upgrade/patch your browser as the first step : what we need to upgrade can you please confirm?

thanks,

Rinku

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2015

If you've followed the instructions, then I'm afraid it has worked, unless you've got a very peculiar apache setup. I can't help you with "it didn't work" without the detail of what you have done differently from the documentation. It's no good trying other routes, you need to set up your apache correctly. As for "what you need to upgrade", I've already told you. Upgrade the browser.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events