Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export whole account to a zip file (or similar archive)?

Aarne Ylä-Rotiala March 15, 2014

The title says it all. Export everything, including attachments, in a format that I can check (XML did not do the job, .zip would be perfect).

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2014

The xml export is the way to do this. Even if zip were offered, it would just be a zip of the xml.

You might want to explain what you mean by "xml did not do the job" - I've used it several times for creating test systems, moving servers etc

Aarne Ylä-Rotiala March 16, 2014

The xml also generated a .zip file. I downloaded that to my Win 7 laptop, and then tried to identify the attachments there. Did not really work - they may be there, but it looked like I'd need additional tooling to see the material as it was.

May have been my ignorance (I'm sure it was), but in oder for me to believe I have an archive I need to see and open the pages and the powerpoint, excel, pdf, cad etc attachments - and that I could not.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2014

Odd, I've had no problem working with the attachments in the file. Could you explain what you are getting and why you can't open them?

Aarne Ylä-Rotiala March 17, 2014

So I did a "Backup" which resulted in a zip file.

I wanted to check that I have somethig useful, so I started with attachments. The zip contains path attachments\10944514\10977281\ and there is a file "1" (one) in the this folder.

This must make perfect sense for export - import but I can't check that, and accordingly don't trust that as a backup.

What do you get when you export material to a zip file?

Mine contains entities.xml, exportDescriptor.properties and then folders "attachments", "config" and "plugin-data"; the latter has a .pdata file which looks like xml.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events