Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable Confluence core listeners?

Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Under the Core Listeners, part of the System Plugins, there are two listeners called "page notification listener" and ""comment notification listener" that are disabled. There is no option to enable them in the UI - when you click on them you see a message that says "module cannot be modified".

This is causing email notifications for page updates and comments to not be sent to watchers.

I have tried some steps recommended by Support but no luck so far. Does anyone else know how to enable listeners?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hi Chris,

In my local instance all fo the modules are enabled. Please try to refresh the plugin state Map. Please do backup your database for safety purpose. Please run the following query.

UPDATE BANDANA SET BANDANAVALUE = '<map />' WHERE BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';

Please update us how it goes.

2 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Hi Chris,

Those modules belong to a bundled plugin in Confluence, this problem can be related to a plugin malfunction. In this case I would suggest to rebuild the plugins packet from the scratch as follow:

You will have to delete the content from the following folders:

• The <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins folder
  • The <confluence-home>/plugin-cache folder
  • The <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache folder

Also, you'll have to run a delete from PLUGINDATA against your database (in MySQL you can execute truncate PLUGINDATA), but before this, make a database backup.

This approach will remove all plugins from your instance, the bundled plugins will be generated again once you start up, but third party plugins will need to be uploaded again manually.

After that, startup Confluence and Flush the Cache (Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics > Flush All) and you might Rebuild the Index as well.

Cheers

Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

That seems a bit extreme. Will it remember license keys and configurations? If I have Greenhopper installed will all of the boards, and configuration get wiped out?

Is there any way to delete the plugin data for just "core listeners"?

Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Unfortunately this did not work. I confirmed the steps above with Support - they had a few extra before and after - and went through everything, including reuploading all of the user plugins. However, this had no affect on the core listeners - the two in question are still disabled.

Any other ideas? Is there some way to manually reinstall the core listeners plugin? Can I get the jar from somewhere? The version of the plugin is 1.3

0 votes
Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Under the Core Listeners, part of the System Plugins, there are two listeners called "page notification listener" and ""comment notification listener" that are disabled. There is no option to enable them in the UI - when you click on them you see a message that says "module cannot be modified". Any ideas on how to force them to be enabled?

0 votes
Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Chris, deleting that stuff wont' delete any of your data including the license keys. I think its a good way to ensure that you don't face problem with other plugins too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events