How do I easily create new pages on the fly?

Bachittar_Singh December 27, 2018

I know in the typical wiki you can use double brackets around a text and that would create a page. Is there a more intuitive way to create pages from text? My use case is to create documentation around some software we use and it has sub pages etc. I would rather create them on the fly then have to create the new pages, name them and then link them back to the page. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

In Confluence, just use square brackets to name a link.  This becomes a linked page.  If the page exists, clicking on it takes you there.  If it does not, then it takes the user to the create new page process, with the page title pre-set.

Pedro Braga April 7, 2020

I'm working with two different Confluence (in two organisations).

In one, as soon as I write "[" and some letters it immediately starts showing me titles of pages ("Link suggestions") and the option to create a new page ("Insert link to create page""). [Confluence 6.15.10]

On the other, nothing happens. [Confluence 1000.0.0-xxxx...]

What happened with this '[' option? Is it a special option we have to activate? I thought this would be the basics of a wiki-like tool, like Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events