How do I create a search bar that only searches for attachments within a certain page?

Svenja Stöhr July 16, 2021

We would like to create a document space for certain documents. The idea is to include a search bar that will only search through attachments within a certain page. Users will need to be able to search by either title or label. Is that possible?

Within the "Basic" search bar settings, I can only set the search bar to search through a whole space, meaning users will find documents that are not relevant to their search at all. We would prefer to avoid that and narrow it down to this one page in particular. Is there a way to do this? I'm quite lost right now as to how I can achieve this.

I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

EDIT: Alternatively, if we cannot narrow the search down to one page, it would be an option to set the search in a way that it only searches through attachments that start with "ABC" as all the relevant documents start with the same three letters.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2021

Hey @Svenja Stöhr

I'd recommend using the Live Search macro on the home page of your space. In the macro, you can set it so it will only search in the given space, and only attachments.

You can also add labels to attachments and filter for them in the Live Search macro. This will give you even more specific search results. We cover all of this in our recent article about using labels. You can also click "Watch the video" at the top to see it in action.

Svenja Stöhr July 18, 2021

Thank you! That solved the issue.

Howell_ Adrianna December 19, 2023

So, I deployed LiveSearch and tagged my attachments to limit what the search scans.  I'm still not able to scan the contents of the word docs.  Is there a way to configure this to scan the contents of the attachment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events