Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a query to pull all unassigend Test Runs for the entire Test Plan

Manjunatha Jayakumar December 17, 2018

Hi

As I will be assigning out TestRuns to the members which are infact linked to TestExecutions and Tests. I think test issue types will be not be assigned for execution but its related test runs will be assigned for execuction

I am currently struggling to write a query which provides a complete list for each test issue type as below:

1. Tests and its related test run for a particular test plan

2. Latest test runs assigned to User XXXX

3. Test runs not assigned which needs to be assigned

I will be looking at this report to identify which ones are not assigned and assign them out to the team.  Please let me know how I can achieve this

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Makar December 17, 2018

Have you considered combining JIRA with Confluence?

JIRA could hold the test cases and relevant test case steps.

Based on the Assignee field and any drop down box to assign a test plan, you can write a separate JQL query.

Once you have the JQL query your can paste it into your Confluence page and select the relevant columns.

I do something similar for project status tracking where each project entry in the portfolio is a JIRA task using a custom issue type - project.  By taking this approach you can leverage JIRA's dashboard reporting AND Confluence macros to generate a variety of meaningful reports.

Andy

Manjunatha Jayakumar December 17, 2018

Thanks but I am not following completely

I am actually referring to Xray test records where I have a multiple tests which are bundled into a test set.  Like this I have 3000 plus test cases and say which are combined into 500 unique test sets.  Now i have all these 500 test sets linked to a test plan in Xray and for the entire plan, I have one test execution record created for all test sets.

As per my undrstanding I will be assigning out individual test runs under test execution I created for all 3000 plus test cases.  So I need to report which should tell the list individual records of test runs assigned/unassigned.  Only when I have this report I can assign out the cases to the team.  Please let me know

Andrew Makar December 17, 2018

Ah..I don't use Xray...I am familiar with TestRail as the test management tool within JIRA.

Does Xray provide that type of reporting?  You may have to talk to a JIRA administrator to determine how you can pull that specific data into a Confluence report.

Manjunatha Jayakumar December 18, 2018

Sure, Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events