How do I create a 'Tool Tip' or 'Hover Over' text display?

Sidney Anderson September 12, 2014

Hello, I am writing specifications in confluence pages, and I would like to add definitions to jargon that appear in the document.  In order to avoid over-linking a page, to say a glossary of terms, I would rather the definition of the word appear in a 'Tool-Tip' type of display when the user hovered over the word.

Is there a method for doing this, either with direct support, workaround, or a plug-in?

Thank you!

2 answers

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2014

You could create a user macro that could do this. Something like this should work.

## @param Tip:title=Tool Tip|type=string|required=true|desc=What will be displayed when the cursor hovers over this area?
#set( $id = $action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis )
#set( $d = '$' )
#set( $p = '#' )
#requireResource("com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-tooltips")
<span id="content$id" title="$paramTip">$body</span>
<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.${d}("${p}content${id}").tooltip({gravity: 's'});
});
</script>
KM February 17, 2015

So I should create a macro, say hovertip, with that content? How do I use the macro? Thanks!

1 vote
NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events