Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy a page from one confluence install to another?

jboutin May 3, 2012

With 3.0 I could just cut the wiki markup from wiki A and paste into wiki B. With 4.0 I can't do that. I'd like to be able to copy a page from wiki A to wiki B. These are separate installs of Confluence.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2012
  1. In the editor, just select/copy from A. Then go to B and in the editor, paste.
  2. For automation: Confluence Command Line Interface copyPage has a targetServer parameter.
0 votes
Andrew Drury June 26, 2013

I also want to do this between separate installs of downloaded Confluence, and between a downloaded install / On Demand versions of Confluence. The pages that I wish to copy have Gliffy diagrams and attachemnts (images, pdfs, Word docs etc).

Is there a quick way of copying several pages at once (with theri attachments) from one install to another?

Thanks

Andrew Drury June 26, 2013

I should add that I am a simple User, not competent in mark-up / html /xml etc. I note that Source Editor is badged as suitable for advanged users who want to edit the xml, so I doubt it'll work for me. . Thx

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

Try it with the Source Editor! You will need to install the Source editor plugin on both instances for this.

Another option might be to export to Word and import it in the other instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events