How do I change the text in the status box?

Syrene Tanagras January 22, 2018

For example, in the status column if the status is green, a green box appears with the text "Green" inside the box.   How do I change this text to say "Completed" or if it's yellow change the text to "WIP"? 

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

You can edit the macro by clicking on the macro placeholder and select Edit. Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/status-macro-223222355.html for the parameters you can set on the macro.

Syrene Tanagras January 22, 2018

thanks Mikael.  Edit only allows a chance for one line item at a time.  Is there a way to change it for several items on my page.  For example, if I have several tasks that are green, I only have to change the text for one green box to say "Completed" and it will change the rest.  Is this even possible?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

No, that is not possible. I did a quick search on Marketplace to see if there was an app for it, the closest one I found was this one, Handy macros for Confluence. Not sure if it can do what you are looking for.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2018

Unfortunately it is not possible, but you can easily copy & paste the status macro if you haven't discovered this possibility yet. So maybe that helps a bit if you're reusing the same text.

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Handy Status macro is close to your needs. You can either

• Switch status (select one from a given set) in the page view mode. Try it here.
  • Change the status globally for all macros in status settings. See settings here.
Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Handy status macro is what you are looking for.

If need free solution - edit status macro on each status change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events