How do I change the text in the status box?

For example, in the status column if the status is green, a green box appears with the text "Green" inside the box.   How do I change this text to say "Completed" or if it's yellow change the text to "WIP"? 

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Jan 22, 2018

You can edit the macro by clicking on the macro placeholder and select Edit. Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/status-macro-223222355.html for the parameters you can set on the macro.

thanks Mikael.  Edit only allows a chance for one line item at a time.  Is there a way to change it for several items on my page.  For example, if I have several tasks that are green, I only have to change the text for one green box to say "Completed" and it will change the rest.  Is this even possible?

Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Jan 22, 2018

No, that is not possible. I did a quick search on Marketplace to see if there was an app for it, the closest one I found was this one, Handy macros for Confluence. Not sure if it can do what you are looking for.

Unfortunately it is not possible, but you can easily copy & paste the status macro if you haven't discovered this possibility yet. So maybe that helps a bit if you're reusing the same text.

Handy Status macro is close to your needs. You can either

• Switch status (select one from a given set) in the page view mode. Try it here.
  • Change the status globally for all macros in status settings. See settings here.

Handy status macro is what you are looking for.

If need free solution - edit status macro on each status change.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

914 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you