It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I change the text in the status box?

Syrene Tanagras Jan 22, 2018

For example, in the status column if the status is green, a green box appears with the text "Green" inside the box.   How do I change this text to say "Completed" or if it's yellow change the text to "WIP"? 

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 22, 2018

You can edit the macro by clicking on the macro placeholder and select Edit. Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/status-macro-223222355.html for the parameters you can set on the macro.

Syrene Tanagras Jan 22, 2018

thanks Mikael.  Edit only allows a chance for one line item at a time.  Is there a way to change it for several items on my page.  For example, if I have several tasks that are green, I only have to change the text for one green box to say "Completed" and it will change the rest.  Is this even possible?

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jan 22, 2018

No, that is not possible. I did a quick search on Marketplace to see if there was an app for it, the closest one I found was this one, Handy macros for Confluence. Not sure if it can do what you are looking for.

Max Foerster [Decadis AG] Community Leader Jan 22, 2018

Unfortunately it is not possible, but you can easily copy & paste the status macro if you haven't discovered this possibility yet. So maybe that helps a bit if you're reusing the same text.

Andrey Khaneev Jan 22, 2018

Handy Status macro is close to your needs. You can either

• Switch status (select one from a given set) in the page view mode. Try it here.
  • Change the status globally for all macros in status settings. See settings here.
Dmitry Mironov Jan 23, 2018

Handy status macro is what you are looking for.

If need free solution - edit status macro on each status change.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

945 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you