How do I change the automatic inactivity log off time?

Jaymes Alvarez August 31, 2015

A lot of our users are having an issue where after about 5 minutes of inactivity, Confluence logs them off and puts them back at the sign in screen. Its causing a lot of issues with people who still have something they are in the middle of working on and when they come back to their desk, find that their current changes to any docs are gone. I have checked in the user administration area for anything that would suggest an inactive logoff time, however, I cannot find it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-Jaymes

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

HI,

We were having similar issues and extended our session timeout to 5 hours. I think the default is 60 minutes so not sure why it is logging off your users after only 5 minutes of inactivity.

Below is a link that explains how to change the session timeout. This change has to be done on the server though, not in the confluence admin area.

How to adjust the session timeout for Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events