How do I become a member of the confluence-administrators group?

Chris Staefe May 15, 2014

My goal is to edit the confluence dashboard. In order to do this I need to be part of the confluence-administrators group. I am member of every other group but I am prevented from adding myself to that group and the sysadmin user is the only user in that group which i believe is for atlassian support.

thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

To my knowledge that role is limited to only Atlassian personel in an OnDemand instance.

Chris Staefe May 15, 2014

ok, so do you know of a way to edit the confluence dashboard without being a part of that group?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Not that I know of. Maybe they would edit it for you.

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2014

Hi Chris,

Do you have access to the Confluence Admin > Global Permission link? If so you might be able to create a group and grant some admin permissions to them.

In case you cannot access Confluence Admin Panel (Cog Link), Check if someone on the comapny has permission to do that.

FYI: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/111110/how-can-i-change-the-confluence-on-demand-dashboard

Chris Staefe May 16, 2014

Hi,

Yes I do have access to that, however that doesn't seem to help. I am the admin for the site, however I am not part of the confluence administrators group which grants permissions to make changes to the confluence site in the way I need.

I can't create a group that has greater access than the group I'm in.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2014

There are limited changes you can make to the Dashboard in OnDemand as you do not have sysadmin/confluence-administrators permissions. Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Dashboardfor the details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events