How do I assign a global permission to a group?

Wolfram Schoeb February 26, 2016

I would like to generate a group which provides only the permission "can use" to its members. I cannot use the group 'confluence-users' because it also provides the ability to see the index of spaces.

How do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Wolfram Schoeb February 26, 2016

Thanks for the prompt answer. The only problem is that the system 'grants browse permission' to the group when I add it to the groups with global permissions. This 'browse permission' appears to permit more than just the log-in to the site.

By doing so, I end up with a group for which only the 'can use' permission is shown. However, the users in that group will see the Confluence dashboard when they log-in, which contains a lot of information that I do not want them to see.

Which raises the question how I can disable the 'browse permission' for that group (and really limit its permissions to the log-in only) or how I can avoid the display of the dashboard for that group.

Any further ideas?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2016

Go to global permissions and add the group to the "can use" permission.

Then add the group to space permissions with the right permissions for that space

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events