How do I add a description to Templates in Confluence 5.X?

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

When I click Create I am presented with the Create screen that shows the templates available to me.

Some of the templates have descriptions, in the same way as the Blank Page option has the description Start with a blank page.

I suspect these were templates created before the new template editor was added because I don't see any way to add a comment or change properties on a template. Is there a way to add these descriptions for all templates?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

Hallo Eliane

It's nice to "speak" to you again! From Confluence 5.1, it's possible to edit the template description. See the docs here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+a+Template#AddingaTemplate-Addingadescriptiontoyourtemplate

It's not possible in earlier releases.

Cheers, Sarah

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

Excellent! Thanks, Sarah.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events