How do I EDIT the actual page that is displayed as the Site Homepage

Paula Manildi January 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Customising the Confluence Dashboard

How do I EDIT the actual page that is displayed as the Site Homepage?  It displays the dashboard. I want to change one of the messages on the dashboard. How do I get it in edit mode?Yes, I am a confluence-administrator. There is a section on Team Calendars that 1) is inaccurate and 2 ) send to another out of date page. How do I edit "dashboard" ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

It's not a page.  It's a block of code for displaying a dashboard.  The link you've come from tells you how to amend the dashboard briefly - by hacking the code behind it (there's links on the details to that in the doc)

Your other option is to not use the dashboard, but create/reuse a dedicated space.  A lot of us create a "system" space for shared stuff, and include a landing page to be used as a dashboard in there.  Then you can edit it like any other page.  That's also covered in the doc you came from.

Paula Manildi January 13, 2016

So I should find the file to edit here: <CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION>\confluence\decorators ? I don't want to change look and feel, or templates. I just want to fix the content in one panel... Would I be better off just grepping for the phrase I want to change to find the file it is in?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

Yes, those are the right place. Grep may not find anything, as some of this stuff is internationalised via lookups into other files. For "fixing the content", you'll need to find the call out to the panel you need.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2016

Ok, that's not the dashboard, that's a gadget the dashboard contains.

I don't know which gadget it is.  If it's the "welcome" gadget, then you can edit the text from the admin interface.  If it's the calendar add-on injecting something (or any other gadget), you're going to need to unpack the calendar add-on and change the text in there.

Paula Manildi January 15, 2016

Found it - it WAS the Default System Message in Administration --> Global Templates and Blueprints. Sorry for the incomprehension on my part.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2016

Ah, good!

I'm sorry I didn't quite grasp the question at first.  I was looking at a client who were unsure whether they wanted me to hack their dashboard layout, so I was probably trapped in their maze of thoughts and biased by it.

0 votes
Paula Manildi January 14, 2016

Again, I don't want to change a layout, which it seems is what the decorators files are all about.

I want to change the wording on the dashboard. The install directory does not contains this (that I can find).

dashboard.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events